Monday, February 4, 2019

Vlogs for Organic Farming

I've been quiet for a year, having missed writing on my blog about organic farming. But my absence  doesn't mean that I didn't maintain posting on its Facebook Page the whole year round.

Years 2017 and 2018 gave  me  so much opportunities as I joined as radio host over DWJR 96.1 Farm Radio. I was able to extend my advocacy on organic farming, discussing news and updates on the use of organic materials to enhance backyard gardening and farming without harming the environment.

I've been able to use the social media in order to reach out with larger audiences online via FB Live. By the way the title of my radio show is Marhay Na Aga, Parauma! , a Bicol radio program on farming (covering topics in agriculture, news and trivias).

I received invitation to become speaker with the farmers. And even college students who are studying about organic farming. Unfortunately, my budget hampered my desire to reach out with them.

It was September 2017 when I received a call from the production staff of Pangga Ruth Abao , who transferred to DWIZ AM radio in Metro Manila. The staff said that the lady announcer got impressed of my FB Page and I was off for an interview. WOW! A phone interview happened in a jiffy!

Scene: An interview with Pangga Ruth Abao last Sept. 27,2017 (Wednesday) for PUSH MO 'YAN! over at DWIZ 882 Khz about Organic Farming in the Philippines


I was able to interview local farmers in Naga City, Bicol during their exhibit in 2018.



Scene: @ SM-Naga City Metro Naga Development Council (MNDC )@ 25 last Spr.24,2018 wherein LGU members participated by showing their services and products through a trade fair. LGU-Naga participants promoted Organic Farming as they sell their produce (fresh vegetables, fruits and packaged products).

Meanwhile, back in 2017, I was able to reach out with the captive audience through FB Live. Here's the sample of my radio show, Marhay na Aga Parauma over at 96.1 DWJR Farm Radio. Thanks to the power couple, Vicente (Vic) and Sherlita ( Shirley) David for giving me airtime during weekend for the said program.


Disclaimer: SONGS used have its COPYRIGHTS from songwriters, singers, producers and recording studios , to wit: 1. Magsimula Ka -- Leo Valdez, Music & Lyrics, Marlo Sanchez 2. Bicol Songs, played as part of the show. Radio Show: Marhay na Aga Parauma (Good Morning, Farmer) by Ireno Alcala (Kuya Ino) aired over @ DWJR FM 96.1 Facebook Live used for the show to draw more comments online.

Unfortunately, my stint on the radio was shortlived due to the upcoming mid-term elections because by airtime was sold to a local political candidate. Well, that's management's prerogative. I don't have any hurt feelings over them, since they want to earn money for the radio station.


My FB Page for " Marhay Na Aga Parauma!"


Note: My next post will be for the advocates of "Organic Farming" . 




No comments:

Post a Comment